Thursday, March 17, 2011

Two Silly Questions

My first silly question is linguistic. Is the plural of a computer mouse still "mice"? It feels kind of weird to call a store and ask them if they sell computer mice. For some reason, it just feels funny.

My second silly question is technology-related. Why is it that my computer mice - just say it out loud and see if it doesn't sound really weird - keep breaking down within weeks of being bought. I tried cheap ones, I tried expensive ones, they all break down almost immediately. And it's not like I do anything to them. I don't carry my computer around. It is always stationary, always located on one clean surface. Yet, the mice die one me. Today, a very recently purchased one started acting funny. The cursor jumps all over the window and is completely out of control.

Does anybody have any idea why that happens? Has anybody ever been in possession of a mouse that worked fine for at least a year?

No comments:

Post a Comment