Monday, March 14, 2011

Reasons to Hate Me

It seems like some people would use any reason to hate a person. Especially when that person is me. I just discovered a post by a blogger who rants against me because I recently wrote that I have no idea who Charlie Sheen is. In that blogger's eye, not knowing every minor TV actor in the US makes me immature. (Once again, I'm not giving links to anti-Clarissa bloggers because I have no interest in promoting their boring blogs.) Immediately, a little chorus of commenters lamenting the immaturity of somebody who isn't aware of Charlie Sheen was formed on that blog.

Apparently, there are people out there who believe that those of us who dedicate our lives to reading, doing research, teaching, learning languages, and blogging about serious issues are the immature ones. The fans of Charlie Sheen and of the other untalented minor celebrities of the American television are, however, the responsible, intellectual adults. It's like such people are trying to make themselves look idiotic on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment