Monday, October 2, 2006

Ber Fotos De Patrisia Manterola.

Step 18 - Hospital Órbigo - Astorga

It was a very short but it was not easy because I had to say goodbye to Apollonius and the rest the group, badly, in my humble opinion, influenced by it, decided to continue walking a mile without obsession to look at horizon. So I decided to stay alone in Astorga while they continued. I just went to the road and just never left me but I had to say goodbye to them.


So, I ate with them and spent an afternoon watching Astorga, which is nice since you see before entering. Gaudi Palace is very nice, in fact, one last visit inside, that is the museum of Roads. The windows are beautiful, especially its structure, is impressive.



The cathedral, like all I've seen so far, much emphasized by its large size to a lower city. In particular it surprised by the naturalness of his show, with three-dimensional figures that came out of the altar, very impressive.


Later I visited the Roman Museum, with lots of amazingly well-preserved gravestones, and a lot of small pieces very impressive to have two thousand years of life.

And finally, the chocolate museum. Astorga turns out that established the first commercial chocolate factories and a museum with loads of parts manufacturing, machinery, advertisements and other things. Very funny and interesting.

In none of these discount sites made me a pilgrim, but still it was worth paying the entrance, because as I go around the whole of Spain from side to side, do less to visit cultural sites.

hostel I stayed at the San Javier, as I soon came to town and I caught site that was the best and most central. One last shelter, all new and clean, and the best was a makeshift couch with blankets on the floor at the edge of the fireplace, warm stayed there all night while it was raining outside on the streets of Aston.


only went out for dinner in the restaurant Gaudi, such luxury overflowed me completely after long flights site. The hostel had an agreement with the restaurant and after seeing the stamp in my card I got a menu for 10 €. A delicious garlic mushrooms first and a steak with potatoes and peppers second, all washed down with a delicious bottle of red wine from El Bierzo. Overwhelming ...

No comments:

Post a Comment