Friday, April 22, 2011

Rich People

For some mysterious reason, I always end up surrounded by rich people. I went to a high school for rich kids and hated it. Then I ended up in a graduate program at a university for rich folks and hated it even more. My first professorial job was yet again at a place for rich students. I always was the envy of my friends because of constantly attracting very rich admirers. They were all nice people, those admirers, but they were rich, which made any relationship between us hopeless. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing whatsoever against rich people. I want them to keep being rich and become even richer. I'd just like them to do it far away from me.

My great-grandmother whose personality I have and whose life journey I'm repeating down to minor details was a passionate Communist. She benefited greatly from the October Revolution and the Communist regime. I guess I'm now repaying some karmic debt for her Communist beliefs by constantly having to suffer through the company of rich people whose way of being, while completely worthy of respect, is extremely alien to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment